Sunday, June 3, 2012

Close To Home

It seems as though I don't have the time to update this the way I want, so I'm gonna do it a little different. A picture is worth a thousand words right? Well, that's the way I'm gonna do this for now, until I can get caught up, or have more time to post. On another note, I'm posting this from my iPad so the format sucks. Sorry. I hit two streams and the river in two days and had a blast. Not one of these bodies of water are more than 5 miles from my house. That makes it even better.
I really like this stream, and I think the further into the summer we get, the more I'll fish it. It stays cold all summer long.
The next morning, I hit the river and immediately got into some fish. I wasn't there long, the water was high, and the air was chilly, but man I love the way those smallies fight.
I had a couple of hours later in the day and decided to explore a stream I hadn't really fished much. I'm glad I did because I got into some native brookies and some nice browns. This stream is only about 10 feet across at it's widest but the fertility seemed to be pretty good. There were some little yellow sallies hatching the whole time I was there but I stuck with the wolf. I use a wolf first on most small streams and usually don't take it off unless I lose it. This happens more than I'd like to admit. I was doing some real bush wacking on this stream so when I got out of the woods I thought I better do a quick tick check. Found 5 on me. When I got home had the wife do a quick check, she found one on me and had to pull one out.
Now for a beer review. I'm a huge fan of IPA's, and it's rare that I run into one that I dont like...... Well I'm not saying I don't like the Harpoon IPA, but it's not my favorite. As a matter of fact, I don't think I'll ever drink this again. The beer had a nice color and good aroma but it finished very malty. Too malty for an IPA in my opinion. Score 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment